Thursday, February 10, 2005

11 Months Old Today

To My Dearest Baby Girl Gabriella,

Today at 1:02 pm you will officially turn 11 months-old. I can hardly believe it. It really seems like just yesterday we were lying in the hospital watching that heart-rate monitor dip and rise. That day went so fast yet each moment is frozen in my mind. March 10, 2004 was the happiest day of my life because that was the day that you were born!

You are my sweet little bit and boy have changed and grown a lot since that day. You are of course bigger, but still little at the same time. Your personality shines brighter with each day, and you definatly were born with an attitude and spunk all your own! I have been told that you and your friend Autumn sassed little Ryan at school last week. Apparently, you even stamped your foot in defiance and told the poor boy off! Good Going Little Bit! Keep it up!


Hosted by Photobucket.com

You are so active now too! You are walking more often and are much more steady on your feet. Last weekend, your Aunt Jodi told us that she thinks you will be walking by the end of this week and you know what, she was right! You are literally all over the place these days! Almost like a little monkey trying to climb up and over things. You love hanging upside down and squeal with delight as you hang there. That ever-present giggle echoing throughout the house. My God how I love that giggle.


Hosted by Photobucket.com


You have changed so much, yet are still so much the same too. You still have chubby cheeks, but your face is longer. You still have hair, just more of it. Your eyes are turning browner and your cheeks are getting rosier. You love feeding yourself now and always want to eat what we are eating. Your affectionate and love to cuddle, but let us know when you want to be independent too.

The other day as we drove home from Momma Jo's, I caught you singing along to your CD. It was playing the song about the fishies going over the dam and you were actually singing to it. My heart just melted. I have never heard a sweeter song than yours.

Now for your dancing...boy can you move! Seriously, you bend your knees, dramatically sway your hips and bob your head like you are Jennifer Lopez. It is quite the sight to see! My goal this weekend is to catch you dancing on tape so I can capture these memories before they slip away.

Slipping away is exactly how I feel this year has been. Time has passed so very fast and you have grown so very much! I love watching you grow, watching you learn and trying to figure out how things work. Yet, a part of me mourns the past, the times when you were oh so little and tiny. When you and I cuddled as I held you in my arms and sang you to sleep. Those moments are still here too though, especially when I nurse you and see your big brown eyes memorizing my face or staring into my own big brown eyes. I am learning that motherhood is filled with bittersweet experiences, each worth having and treasuring always. And that is just what I plan to do today and everyday - to treasure you and everything about you. So, Happy 11 Month Birthday My Sweetheart! You are such a joy and pleasure and I love you very, very much yesterday, today, tomorrow and always.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Your Mommy



1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

She is adorable and what a sweet sweet letter! Happy 11 month! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counters