Tuesday, January 04, 2005

An Amazing Day

Gabby reached two big milestones yesterday, one that thrilled me and the other that scares the living-you-know-what out of me!

1. Gabby signed "milk" at school when she wanted a bottle!!!! We have been working on this one, as have her teachers. She has signed milk to me three times total, all in December and all while we were nursing and I was signing to her. So, I wasn't really sure if she understood what I was doing or whether she was just copying me. Turns out, she is getting it. We are also working on "eat" and "more" right now. I will probably introduce the sign for diaper change next, although she hates these and I doubt she will go into any change willingly!

2. Gabby used a push-type walker for the first time yesterday and it turns out she LOVES it! She was so proud of herself pushing that thing around school and again at home. I wish I could have taken a picture of the look on her face - utter pride and a HUGE grin. I was actually pretty suprised. I had showed her teacher Mary that she could take a few random steps unassisted here and there, but didn't expect much else so soon. Of course, Mary had her working on walking (GRRRRRRRR!) all afternoon with that damn walker thing. Now Gabby is literally on her way to becoming hell on wheels and eventually (gasp) hell on ground! I AM NOT READY!

In all fairness, Gabby has proven time and again that she does not adhear to anybody's schedule other than her own so this should come as no suprise. But sheesh...she isn't even 10 months old yet! This is too early to walk. I AM NOT READY! did I say that already???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counters